Old 01-06-2008, 08:44 PM
jason8225
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KE8BG
I just found the same elbow on the back side of my 1997 E150 5.4L.. I didn't notice the crack but I noticed that with the engine running the elbow was sucked into collapse.
I used a piece of 5/8" heater hose over a piece of 7/16" fueline with a hose clamp as a reducer. It seems to be running better now..
About a year ago I did this fix, only I used the 5/8" heater hose over 3/8" fuel line... noticed the hissing noise back earlier last week. Checked it out today and discovered that the 5/8" heater hose had collapsed like it had too much suction.

I guess tomorrow I'll have to either get a spark plug boot, the Ford part, or below.

Here's a question - would this work to fix it?
http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPage...CV%20Connector

Looking at the website linked above, I noticed that my PCV valve does not have a "y", it just has the hose going directly to the back of the intake. Any ideas why that might be or what I might be missing? This was already "fixed" once before I bought the truck, so maybe the person that did something before hooked wherever the other half of that "Y" goes to something else for vacuum?