View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 01:29 PM
osbornk
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hobo
Interesting, although to me it is probably interesting for a different reason. Toyota, unlike Ford, will admit when they have product issues and will resolve them. As we have seen many many times in the past Ford will try to cover up the issue, deny that it exists, and then try to weasel out of fixing it until they are forced to.

That is one of the many reasons I now own a Tundra and not an F-150. I knew about these issues going in, and I observed Toyota identifying and rectifying problems. Of all the Ford products that have been owned by my family I never observed Ford doing this. They would just replace the same crappy parts over and over and over again.
I might have agreed with you had not my son-in-law owned one of the mid 90s V6 Toyotas that had the oil sludging problems that they claimed was caused by the owner for years before finally admitting a problem. Once they acknowledged it, they limited the remedies to far fewer than actually had the problem. After my son-in-law had to buy a used engine because Toyota wouldn't help (he has always changed his own oil at 3,000-4,000 miles but they still blamed the sludge on him). His other vehicles have always rant 200-300K without sludge problems.

Do you recall the recall on standard cab trucks when they "forgot" to install the extra straps for child seats. The recall was not to add the straps but to disable the airbag cutoff switch so the owners could not use a baby seat in the truck at all.

Better than Ford?