View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 09:54 AM
BLK94F150
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lead Head
Stop with the hybrid crap already, please?

A good diesel engine will put out less emissions and get better MPG then hybrids, and still be cheaper in the end.
I fail to see your reasoning. I see nothing wrong with recovering energy usually wasted in braking and then reusing it for propulsion.

Just because you don't like the vehicles it's in, doesn't mean that there's something wrong with it. I'll agree that most of the hybrid vehicles are ugly.

On your second point, look at the Liberty diesel vs the Escape hybrid. The Escape puts out less emissions, gets better MPG, and I doubt that the Liberty was cheaper than the Escape, especially after the tax credit.

Now make a turbo diesel hybrid and you'd see enormous MPG gains. Not to mention that electric motors make tremendous torque, and turbo lag wouldn't be an issue. You would pull hard off the line. Heck even the Prius' electric motor makes 295ft/lbs from 0-1200RPM. My 2000 F150 5.4 only makes 350ft/lbs total at like 3500 RPM or something like that.

However, this vehicle is ugly as sin. IDK why they have to style everything like a scene out of the 5th Element or Irobot. Just make a truck that gets good gas mileage, and leave the goofy styling out of it.

Mike