View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 08:04 PM
rbarbot2
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advancetrac is going to KILL me!

I have been having improper activations of the RSC/ESC system since March when we bought our 07 Limited. The first few times were when I would start to pull the boat up a hill from a STOP. The system would kill the power and caused me to roll back several times. I have to turn the system OFF now in order to get up the boat ramp.

During the first few months of ownership, the RSC came on and applied the brake pedal 2 times while driving on circular freeway onramps. I was going about 40 mph at the time and when I rested my foot on the brake, the pedal started pulsating violently. If you haven't had this happen yet, hold on. It can be pretty startling and seems likely to cause more crashes than anything. One time the RSC warning lamp stayed ON until the car was turned off an restarted. The dealer checked it out, said everything was normal, and "keep an eye on it". Well, I'm done "keeping an eye on it". Every week or so if I'm driving on a curvy road or onramp, when I tap that brake pedal, it slams back at me. I'm usually going about 40 mph when this happens and could probably being going 60 or so before the tires started to squeal.

I'm going back to a different dealer (our local FORD mysteriously closed their doors this month). I expect more of the same though. My last lemon took 9 months and a lawyer before Toyota agreed to buy it back. It cost them $2500 (for my lawyer) on top of the vehicle cost in the end. I hope Ford is more accomodating.

Any ideas what this might be? When we had problems with our Totoya Avalon, Toyota wouldn't authorize parts (a new ECU) because there was no error code being stored. Are there any components that are most likely to be the culprit? Are there adjustment that can be made to the system or a re-flash/re-program?

Thanks in advance. I want to go to the dealer a little prepared.