View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 08:55 AM
mt54
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
I am not trying to be cheap and get a free drawing of the system, the guy with the drawings is only asking $10 for them. It's not going to break me to cough up the $10. I am just interested in if this system works and if anyone he has built one.

From the pictures on the HF website it look like a regular pressurized blaster. Is this what a pressure assist blaster is?

I have a five foot high galvinized water pressure tank I saved from the dumpster about two years ago with the intension of using it for a blasting system. It sounds like it would be a good candidate for the PABlaster system. I would guess it's about a 20 gallon tank so it will hold a lot of media. I currently use Black Beauty slag for my blasting. It works fairly good with my simple syphon feed blaster. I get it at the local hardware store for $8 for a 100# bag.
Bob,
Pressure Assist/ Pressurized, same concept. You can build to what ever size suites you, just be sure you have enough air and time to presurize what ever size tank you use. the tank itself just needs enough presure to push the abrasive out into the higher pressure air stream.

The pressure system works very well, I highly recomend there use.

I will refrane from any drawings, I was only tring to share information.
certainly not insinuating any cheapness on anyones part.