View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 05:39 PM
misnomer
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I looked at the Fuel Meister II as well.. I don't see anything on it that would make me spend $3000 for it.. and you cannot get two batches a day without adding an additional tank for washing. The 1000 gal/day unit costs $350,000 and hear they are having trouble making biodiesel that meets ASTM. I am in northern CA and there is a place here in Chico making processors that are all stainless steel.. glass linned tubing.. the works.. I viewed lab testing results from batches they had made and they exceeded all the ASTM guidlines.. they use the "foolproof" method of batching (esterfication-acidic then transesterfication-basic reactions) so you always use the same amount of chemicals for every batch (no titrations). It has hoppers you fill with the methanol for the reactions. all one unit, kind of like a big washing machine. Hit the start button and it does the rest, 48 hrs later (60 hrs if you need it to dewater for feedstock) you can come and put the fuel nozzel in your tank and pump it in. If I had money I would like one but they are $8K for the 50 gal and $12K for the 50/75/100 gal version. but it is a real nice design... alas I am poor with reguards to funds, so I am looking at making my own out of 55 gal drums now...