View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 11:22 PM
Newton007
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know, but I found out early that you can't drive this 07 like cars and trucks of the past I have owned.
The first time I made a left turn out onto a busy four lane highway giving it the gas expecting some tire spin and some sideways sliding controlled by just letting of the gas a little, I almost spun all the way around the other direction in to oncoming traffic when the traction control took over.
I thought I was going to roll it over before I could get it to quit hooking up by letting of the gas. Letting of the gas did not seem to help like you would think. It just kept trying to hook up.
Normally even with positrac or a locker this is not a problem as you just let of the gas some until you get going straight.
So now I have learned to get going in a straight direction before giving it the gas.

It is like the first time I used ABS brakes, I thought my world was coming to an end early the first time I had it kick in. I was not expecting it.

I drove a 73 T Bird with a positrac for twelve years in more mountain snow storms than I could count. Never once had a problem with getting stuck. Like driving a tank.

I will take a good old locker any time over "traction control".

It is hard to teach a old dog new tricks I guess.