Old 11-27-2007, 04:00 PM
carbonmetallic
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like you are a salesman for amsoil! Whats your kick back?

I have used amsoil in the past and found it to be no different than mobil 1. Oil is a little more costly and more difficult to acquire ( you must order instead of picking up at your local autoparts). I switched back to Mobil 1 for that reason.
Originally Posted by moonunit7317
I would like to say hi. I am a new member and would like to respond to the question about the best oil available for your 5.4L engine. I have an 07 expy that I just changed for the first time. I have approx 4000miles on it. I use AMSOIL 100% synthetic oil. The oil I use is a 0w-20. AMSOIL recommends 25,000 mile oil change intervals. Yes, 25,000 miles. Their filters are 98.7% efficient @ 15 microns. A better bargain than Mobil 1. The oil retails for $7.55 a quart. It will not void your warranty and AMSOIL has their own warranty. I encourage all reading this to do a little research into AMSOIL. I installed an oil bypass system on my 07 Expy. The system has an adapter that screws onto the mount where your regular filter goes. It has a remote filter mount that a regular filter screws onto as well as a bypass filter. The bypass filter is 98.7% efficient down to 2 microns. That filter only needs to be replaced every other regular filter change. In this case 50,000 miles. Visit Amsoil.com and do the research. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them. Just contact me.