View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 10:43 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BioDiesel is made with: SVO or WVO?

What is the biodiesel we buy at our local Stop N' Rob made with...waste or new vegitable oil? I've wondered, but considering there is only two places within 25 miles of me that sells biodiesel (one is B5, the other is B20) and one has one lazy person working the counter everytime I've ever been there to buy fuel (the B20 retailer) I haven't asked them any questions. My wife made the mistake of telling the clerk she was there to fuel the truck up for the forth time on B20 a couple of weeks ago...at which point she was told (by the clerk none the less) she would need to replace the fuel lines in the truck because B20 destroys the lines after three fill-ups. I got a phone call at that exact moment from my wife asking if something bad was fixing to happen to the truck. I claimly explained the truck ('04 model) will burn the B20 just fine and not to worry about the fuel lines...they are compliant with biodiesel. I have no clue what that clerk was smoking...I don't think Willie Nelson had been by.