Old 11-19-2007, 12:30 PM
oldfart
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I headed into town today to fill up the truck....both tanks...

Well fellers I headed into town to fill up the truck. 1986F-150...E.F.I....302....twin tanks..they hold about 25gal. .....each.... when empty. (sobbing now..) I pulled up next to the gas pumps and gritted both of my teeth and plopped the pump-handle into her gaping maw and squeezed the lever and locked in the toggle to "filler-up." I stood there for 30min. and the gas pump kept gurgling..non-stop. Glug!...Glug!...Glug! GLUG!...GLUG!...GLUG!....!!! I'm patiently waiting....no sign it's going to stop...GLUG!...GLUG!....GLUG! I went to Walmart..walked the whole 2 miles....stopped by Keystone Country Store and picked up some new camo-clothes. Stopped by the beer distributers and picked up a coupl'a cases of Busch..the 30 pack. GLUG!...GLUG!...GLUG! Went to N.A.P.A....walked around a bit. Stopped back by the gas station....GLUG!...GLUG!...GLUG!! Still filling up the front tank! Finally topped up tank #1 and held the nozzle into tank # 2 and locked in the lever. Walked down to Food Lion and the Goodwill Store. Then on to the movie rental place. Got lost in the "dirty-movie-section." Arrived back at A.C.T. in Greencastle just in time to see the nozzle kick out of the rear gas tank and spew 2 gallons of gasoline unto the pavement. Excellent! Walk into A.C.T and ask them if they have a "defibrilatter" as my current gas purchase hits $120.00!!! 20 gal. per tank...2 tank....$3.15 per gallon!! Do the math. Next week fill up my 300gal. tank with K-1 Kerosene to heat my home. At present cost..$4 a gallon..if some Abba-Dabba doesn't fart and raise the cost to $5 per gallon! Grrrrrrr! Audie..the oldfart...wishing I had a politition by the neck....