View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 09:06 PM
NightWolf
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
91 explorer trans porblem/ no overdrive

Hey i have a 91 explorer with an auto trans ans electronic 4wd. the problem i have is that about a week ago i was crusing down the highway at 65mph. now usually at this speed i have the trans in OD but for some reason the rpm's came up on the tac as if it were in drive. Now at 65 my tac usually reads about 1500 rpm in OD and 3000 in D. so now no matter what gear i have the truck in OD or D the engine runs at 3000 rpm and it is killing me on fuel and i don'teven want to know whar it is doin to the engine running at that rmp for the hour or so i am on the highway. Anyway i have i have a manual trans in the back of my exporer i took out of my brothers 91 explorer when he blew the engine. can some one tell me how hard it will be to swap the auto over to the manual that is in the back of the truck or is the problem with my OD easier to fix.

let me give you some background on this truck of mine. when i bought it a little over a year ago, i was living in arizona with my girlfriend. when i mived back to NJ i drove the truck back. the trans went while i was in oklahoma and it was just the pump seal so it was an easy fix. ever since then i has has a slow leak and is still leaking. now the 4x4 is electronic and the 1 i scrounged out of my brothers explorer is a manual trans and trasfer case. is it goinf to be real hard for me to conver everything over from automatic and electronic to all manual?