Thread: 1st gen help
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 04:50 PM
breakfree
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st gen help

hey everyone, never posted here before cause, unfortunately, i dont own a lightning, but i was hoping you guys could help me out. my friend is in the marines and stationed in california right now, but he's looking at a 94 lightning back home in mass and he wants me to check it out for him before he buys it. here's a link to the ad:
http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/car/474963493.html

i do know a little about lightnings, but i was hoping you guys could tell me if theres anything i should look for to distinguish this 'lightning' from a regular f150. i know to look for the cobra intake or the 'gt' stamped on the heads(assuming the guy will let me pull the valve covers) but is there anything else i should look for? anything to do with the interior? would the axle tag say 4.10? anyone know some of the codes on the id tag on the door? im just suspicious because i dont see the token 'lightning' written on the side, but he didnt mention a repaint. also it looks like it has dual tanks in the pic, do lightnings come with dual tanks? also how does the price look? thanks a lot for any help you guys can give me, and if he buys it i'll post some pics for you.