Thread: Junk Yards
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 10:13 AM
oldfart
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well now fellers I've not been around lately..forgive me for that. I just had to jump in on this thread and tell ya'll a story. First off..Triple Nickel Auto Parts at 2956 Lincoln Way West, Chamberburg..that's the place! The 800 number is 1-800-933-8627. Folks ya'll wouldn't believe the service and prices. Mind ye...some time back I heard a grinding noise coming from the left front hub of my 1995 Chevy Astro AWD...yes I know it's not a Ford..but listen up. I took it into Hicks Chev. in Greencastle and the next day Rick (the service manager) called me and told me the splines was torn out of the hub..I needed a new hub. I figgered a coupl'a bucks..eh? How about OVER $1000.00 for a new one from G.M.!!! N.A.P.A.'s price for a rebuilt..about $800.00!!! After the para-medics ressusitated me I called Triple Nickle. (Rick, the service manager at Hicks Chev. gave me the number..) $50.00 is what Triple Nickle charged me for a pristine and clean left front hub. Fifty Dollars! Am I a happy man! You betcha! I could'a kissed Rick square on the lips for that tip. Instead he got a $100.00 tip (should have been more but money was tight at the time..) and a lifetime supply of fresh donuts from my bakery. Good service and good prices...both from Triple Nickle and Hicks Chev. of Greencastle. Nuff' said. Audie..the oldfart...