View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 07:08 PM
DCameron
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MODE makes no difference

It seems to make no difference which mode the system is in. I have started the system in all of the various modes individually, and all have the same result in the end, with the exact same timing. It does not matter whether I am in Auto, Max A/C, Vent, Panel, Floor, or Panel/Floor... after the same amount of time the same thing happens.
After what you guys have said, I am starting to think that the problems DO, in fact, sound like a computer problem. I am assuming that there is no other controlling computer besides the one found in the control head?
Here's the reason I say this: In my original post I mentioned that a Ford Service Rep told me that this was a sign of a control head going bad. Well, the dealership that I bought the car from (NOT a Ford Dealership, unfortunately) told me they swapped out the head with a different module (same kind) and that it did the same thing. OK, so I'm a dumb*ss, but I never actually SAW them do this, and they put the original back in, saying that was not the problem. My dealer said that he would replace the EATC with a new one, but that even if that did not fix it, he would be done with his obligations to fix the A/C. Thinking (hoping) that it might be something simpler, I chose to hold off on doing that because I didn't want to let him off the hook so easily if that didn't work, but now I am thinking that if I have them install the new EATC head anyway, then at least I can rule that out and KNOW that it is brand new and NOT the problem. Even if I do have to eat any further repair expense....whatya think guys?