View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Postmaster

blackhat620 has a great reputation on FTE.blackhat620 has a great reputation on FTE.blackhat620 has a great reputation on FTE.blackhat620 has a great reputation on FTE.blackhat620 has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt caper
From what I've read recently when you wire into PTO to get the 1200rpm's the torque converter locks up in the transmission torque converter thinking the trans will be working. That is on the 08's.

I don't think the trans torque converter locks up wired for the 900rpm option. I forget what they call that one.

The question is what will this do to the transmission idleing for long periods of time..I assume it puts wear on it normally not had at regular idle.
It does not matter if the torque converter is locked or not as far as wear is concerned. The reason for locking the TC is locked with the PTO function is so the transmission runs cooler while under the load of the PTO and turns the PTO gear.

If the BCP wire is used the TC is not locked and the idle varies from 1200-2500RPM depending on the load on the batteries.

This strategy has been the same on the SD since 1999.

06 F350 CC SB 6.0 4x4, Suburban Ford (Thanks Ernie )
... there is no shame in not knowing. The problem arises when irrational thought and attendant behavior fill the vacuum left by ignorance. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Last edited by blackhat620; 11-10-2007 at 07:46 PM.