View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 09:09 AM
dagray3
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok, I checked the pressure this morning. When I first tried it, the pressure was at 40ish. I started the truck and it ran for about 2 minutes, all with the prssure at 40. Then it died (just because it does that sometimes -- it's old). I restarted it and it ran for about 30 seconds and the pressure dropped down to 20psi and the truck died. I jumpered on the fuel pumps and the prssure would not build up past 20psi.

So, I am going to go get a few fuel line stubs and bypass the reservoir. If the truck runs without the reservoir, I will get a new one of those. If the truck dies without the reservoir, then I will attack the tank adn pump.

I am suspicious now that there might be some crap in the tank that it blocking the intank pump. Either that or the pump is just dieing and turns itself off after a few minutes of heating up.

If anyone has anything to add, please do. I will post later to say how the bypass of the reservoir went. I will probably be asking for advice on dorpping out the rear tank or taking off the bed shortly.

Thanks