Old 10-23-2007, 08:20 PM
guthrie&co
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wanna know how bad the ultra low sulfur fuel really is

So here's the deal
I have heard from several people (but they have no credibility in the fuel world) that this new diesel fuel is really dry and causes the rubber to shrink in the engines ect. They say that this fuel is very dry and will eventually ruin our motors and never run a diesel without running an additive now. But when i ask them where they got this info is some story like...well this guy i know down at the diesel injection pump place says so b/c they have seen sooo many pumps come in from this and the seal are all bad.

On the other hand I think I read it here a long time ago but they story was told that the new fuel isn't bad and has the same properties as the old and that the new fuel has the additives put back into the fuel so that it's not so dry ect. I want to see hard facts about this fuel. I don't want any lameo story about your friends buddies dog's lover that happens to work for opec. I want something that i can read myself and see what makes up this fuel and we shall put this to rest one way or the other.