View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 01:38 PM
subford
Fleet Owner
Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by dagray3
Ok, I can't get the pressure tester until tomorrow. But, I just did the light check in the inertia leads. The light comes on and stays on after the engine dies. Then I can hear the relays all click and the light goes out. So, although I don't KNOW that my fuel pressure is hurting me, can I sort of rule out the TFI and/or PIP yet?
Yes I would think you could rule them out, that is normal operation for the Computer to turn off the FP relay after the engine dies (no PIP train).
Subford, I just changed my high-pressure pump, so I know it's not that. If my low-pressure pump dies, would I get these symptoms? If I use up the fuel I have in my reservoir, would the truck dies like this?
It is possible that low pressure (boost pump) in the tank does not have enough pressure to lock the selector valve to its tank and when it quits the valve is closing off the selected tank. How about when you switch to the other tank, does the same thing happen?

I am starting to get suspicious of something clogging the intank filter and dropping back out after a little time passes. But, without the pressure test on the fuel line, I am only guessing.
try taking the fuel hose off at the selector valve and putting it in a bucket and then ground pin #6 of the test connector, turn on the key and see what flow you get from the in-tank pump.