View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 10:47 AM
65fordguy
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well my 390 is shot...huge crack in the block just inside the liftervalley about 5 inches long. Cant find a decent replacement that cost less than 2grand(except from autozone!). Sooo.. I went looking for other alternatives. Last night I bought a running 302 that just needs some freshning up. I have a friend with a 63 that had a 302 and his machine would haul tail. So my plans are to swap out the cam, intake, and hedders. Pair it with a TCI c6 manumatic with a custom "toploader" style shifter from lokar. Gotta find some good engine paint and some nice valve covers! and Engine mounts.

** This engine cost me 175 bucks....the old guy was clearing out some old trucks and cars from his yard cause his old lady told him it was her or them.
fisty old lady. He wanted 400 for it. I think I got a deal. I told him I was going to go look at a couple other motors. and he said make me an offer and its yours. I said 150 he said 175 I said sold. He even gave me a bill of sale with allllllll the details on the motor and that it was in good working order.

Last edited by 65fordguy; 10-19-2007 at 10:50 AM.