View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Norton72
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies you guys. I still haven't gotten to look at that truck. I don't know how anxious the owner is to sell, but his buddy that owns the nursery apparently doesn't work much on weekends. He never did show up Saturday and when I called all I got was voicemail.The truck definitely has the anodized aluminum grill so, a 68-69. I can see that it has dual exhaust so it's a pretty safe bet that it's a V8, now if I just knew whether or not it was an FE. I can't see a shifter sticking up in the "Park" position through the windshield, so it could be a manual. (Which is a good thing.)

From reading the forums here, I've run across the terms "bumpside" and "slick." This one is what I believe you all are calling a bumpside, but it has the aluminum molding on top of the "bumps." Am I understanding these term corrrctly?

Anyway, I feel like a kid looking at puppy through the window. I've heard a lot of stories about guys finding these truck for amazingly low prices. If this one is in sound mechanical condition and not too far gone rust-wise, I'll be happy to negotiate around his $1500 asking price. The body looks very straight -- they've put a green hood on the white truck. There appears to be a fair amount of rust around the drip rails and top of the windshield.

I'll keep ya posted.