Old 10-14-2007, 04:10 PM
masterbeavis
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool This is a crummy way to do buisness with somebody! I finally got shafted.

Last night I paypal the owner of that '79 camper special a deposit for the delivery. I get an email from him sent at midnight stating that I sent him an E-check, not a balance transfer, and that I needed to fix it.(we agreed to do a balance transfer, less fees, and was instant) I went ahead and sent him the deposit again, correctly, (so now he has $300 of my money.) I tried calling him at 10 am this morning to apologize for the mistake, and to let him know that I fixed it. I called several times, I left a message the first time, every other time I get his voicemail right away. By now the truck should have arrived, and I would be $500 poorer, however I have no truck, and am $300 poorer. I am not going to say that I got ripped off yet, I was first in line for the truck, and I screwed up the payment. He emphasised that he wanted the truck gone tommorow. My guess is that he called up the next buyer in line and sold them the truck. If all goes well, I will get my money back via paypal, or fight the bank, and give the guys phone number and name out on some of the boards who do not condone invasion wars, but they dont do anything about it either.

On a positive note, I went to the junkyard and got to fish around in the scrap bin, where they dumped the remnants of a F350 4x4 cab. I scored a tilt stickshift column, clutch pedal assembly, and power booster/master cylinder assembly. I could have gotten the windows out of the doors, but after they left they pushed the cab against one of the walls, and continued filling the bin, denying me access to the upper screws