View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 01:36 PM
97ranger xlt
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nocode
Well I have changed the purge valve and the hose from the canister to the valve ($25 piece of 8" rubber!) and the hose connecting the valve to the sensor. Since I have 3 trouble codes I can't tell immediately if that fixed one of them (need to get the codes read again at autozone). IF that worked, then 1 code down, 2 to go.

Just out of curiosity, the replacement hose they gave you to replace the preformed line, was it larger at the end that connects to the manifold than the end that connects to the sensor? It looks like mine is and a std vac hose will fit the sensor end but not the end at the manifold. Was yours like this? What size line did you use?

Thanks for the great info.
the line i got was rubber 1/4" o.d. it cost only a few $.. i replaced the length from the canister to the solenoid. it was fairly tough to get the end on the canister as it is larger than to the connection at the solenoid. i just sprayed some wd-40 on it and it went easier. then i replaced the very short piece between the solenoid and the purge valve. then the remaining piece down to a hard line that leads i guess back to the fuel tank...
that part went on easy.

i did this whole thing to get rid of the CEL and be able to pass inspection.
it didn't change the performance of the engine one iota.