Old 09-26-2007, 03:03 PM
rjd75
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rbarbot2
Took the 07 Limited in today for 10k service with my list of warranty issues in hand. Thought you all might want to compare.

1.) A/C control unit intermittently cuts out when using the AUTO mode. It seemd when the unit gets to the desired temp it decides to freak out. The blower slows (as it should) but you can't bring it back by lowering the temp. Going to MANUAL mode the fan +- switch operates in reverse. The head unit was replaced at 6k. Less failures now but still an issue. Not optimistic on a fix.

2.) Loud buzzing sound from rear of vehicle when front AC blower is on HIGH. Thought it was the fuel pump or something. Today, I discovered the inside cabin pressure is causing the right rear pop-out window to vibrate furiously. They don't know if there is an adjustment to tighten the pop-out. Maybe a new seal or ???

3.) Driver door wind noise on freeway. Thought it was a bad seal, then researched and found TSB on this boards re: bad mirrors. Did the diagnostic myself by placing tape down the trailing edge of mirror and viola...noise stopped. They need to order new mirror assembly.

4.) Passenger door Expedition emblem falling off.

5.) Had 1 scary activation of the collision avoidance system around 4k miles. Getting on circular freeway onramp around 40 mph (quick for the turn but not unsafe, no tire squealing etc..) the sytem activated slowing the engine and pulsing the brakes. Thought THAT was going to make me crash. Nothing since.

6.) About 5 activations of the traction control while pulling the boat trailer. Thought this was only supposed to come on when the wheels slipped. Several times I have gone to start up a hill from a stop and the motor power gets cut by the system and the "slippery road" lamp comes on, causing me to roll back. This has happened on dry firm roadway and the wheels aren't slippnig. Starting off in "1" gear seems to avoid this , but shouldn't have to IMHO. The front of the manual says that this system (along with collision avoidance) records your driving characteristics along with the system activations. Wonder if any lawyers are going to be able to access this info before Ford gets their hands on it when the first wrongful death suit comes along. Personally, I think any system that is going to take control of the vehicle away from me should be fail-proof. This one certainly is not.
I was walking up to my truck today and I noticed my driver side emblem is peeling off! This is ridiculous! One thing solved and another problem shows up.. Guess I will mention it when I bring it in to get the window replaced.. Luckily I have a lot of time on my hands to visit the dealer every week.. (yes I am being VERY sarcastic)