View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 10:11 PM
last5oh_302
Laughing Gas
Received 322 Likes on 186 Posts
Originally Posted by evl150
I have an 04 screw 4x4 with 3.55 gears and the 5.4 motor with superchips tuner and dual exhaust.I normally tow between 2,000 to 3,000 pound's on a regular basis and it handles it with no problem.I recently bought some property and i'm getting ready to build a house on it.My cousin has a case skid steer with track's on it and a 18ft equipment trailer.The skid steer weigh's 8,000 pound's full of fuel and the trailer weigh's 4,800 pound's,that come's 12,800 pound's plus figure in the weight of the truck at around 6,600 I think.That bring's the total gross weight to 19,400,I only had to go about 10 mile's from his house to my property there was one big hill that was fairly long and curvy going down it I definately needed better brake's and going back up it I had my foot on the floor the whole up and she was screamin it was all it wanted.It did the job and even gained a little speed going up it,I didn't get a run at this hill because at the bottom was a sharp curve I was going about 20 mph at the bottom and at the top it got up to about 35 mph before it started to level off. The truck done job but I wouldn't to tow that much very far or very many time's it worked the tranny very hard especially on take off and I would definately better brake's and suspension.

lol.... you're up near the max towing capacity of an F350 with a diesel.