View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 07:31 AM
vwbuge
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did some experiments also before running the stuff in my MB. I also put 3 glass jars with different blends. The highest % I had was 3/4 WVO and 1/4 Diesel. After several hours in the fridge there was no separation. I took them out becuase my wife was coming home and put them in the basement. It started to get cold about a month later so I relocated them outside where they sat for several months when temps dropped to well below freezing. The highest % had a little opaque sediment at the bottom. The 50/50 mix looked good. I was quite surprised. I am not too worried about separation. I was just worried because of the different injection systems. The MB engine is a little more robust so I know I am getting away with it.

About the Excursion in general, anyone have one? The wife has 130,000 on the Expy and I am not a Ford fan but I have to say it treats us well. I have never owned a truck before but the Excursion interest me because of the diesel and size. I carry alot of gear when I go hunting and tow a quad so the Excursion would be a good fit.

Has Ford addressed the problem with the 6.0L? If I find an Excursion with the 6.0L should I run?

Thanks,
Paul