Thread: A/C Issues?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 08:00 AM
poppie
More Turbo
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jdsmooth
Well, my 2007 Expedition Limited 4x2 was at the dealership for 13 days having its a/c worked on. As I have posted in another thread, the problem has been lackluster cooling on the really hot Florida days. They replaced the compressor, both expansion valves and the acculmulator, then recharged everything.

That repair seemed to work at first, but I took the truck to Gainesville for the weekend, and the a/c still seemed to struggle when the exterior temp was above about 94 or so. Here are my symptoms:

It seems to take a really long time to cool down. When it does cool down (and it does get cool) it seems to fluctuate temperatures - almost like the compressor is cycling on and off. I run the controls in manual with the temp at 60 or 65 and in recirc mode. I have no idea what the issue is, or if the system is just undersized for thr truck. I have also experienced the occaisional fan shut down, but it comes back on after about two seconds. Am I crazy?? What are everyones thoughts?
.........We live by Gainsville and our's will drive you out it's sooooo cold,fan should "NOT" shut off while on manual setting's,we set our's on manual at 74 degree's recirc on the second bar's from the slowest fan speed and after several mile's we drop it down to the lowest (1 bar) speed,the system is big enough to handle the load,something's not right with your's and the dealer has not found the issue yet,try a diffrent dealer,try giving them your truck and get a loaner while THEY drive your's and when they say it's fixed go for aride with the service manager before taking the truck back to see if all is well.