View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 08:13 AM
jokerforever
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry it took me so long to get back, I got pulled away because of work.

Super, I tried to reset it just like you said. I tried three times and there wasn't a change.

PawPaw, I checked the resistance of the IAC. The original would get up to 10.5 ohms. When I checked the new one it come in at 11.5. I took it back and got another one. It read 12 ohms and I haven’t installed it yet. The stock one seems to work the best and at least makes the truck drivable.

Voltage coming out of the plug seemed to be on the money. 10.5-11 when the truck wasn’t running, 13 running--the same I was getting off the battery (yes I know my battery is getting weak).

There wasn't a trouble code stored in the computer. I had reset it a few days before checking it but I also been driving it up to that time.

So I'm still thinking I have a sensor out of whack. With as many miles that are on this truck I was thinking about doing a "sensor overhaul" anyway. It wouldn't cost that much money just to replace all of them and considering that I need this truck to be reliable it couldn't hurt. The only thing is I hate to be a parts swapper. I pride myself on being a competent mechanic and I should be able to troubleshoot this problem.