Old 09-10-2007, 05:45 PM
kseriesshifter
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fraxinusalba
Just because all 4 wheels are turning when its jacked up doesn't necessarily mean its locked in 4 wheel drive. In Auto mode, if the rear wheels turn but the front don't, the transfer case automatically engages 4 wheel drive until the front wheels turn at approximately same speed as rear wheels. When selector set to 4WD high, front is locked in continously. The shift motor only changes the transfer case between high and low range. It passes through but will not shift to neutral. The shift motor does not activate when the selector is turned from Auto to 4WDH or back, an internal clutch in the transfer case is engaged/disengaged.
well jacked up or not i kno its stuck in 4wd is there anyway i can disengage the clutch for good i dont need the 4wd its just cause problems and i dont have the time or money to fix it

i accually cleaned the rear speed sensor and it worked for around 125 miles and started engaging the 4wd again so this time i bought a new sensor and its still didnt work i tried changing the transfercase fluid and nothing

now if its in 4wl and im driving it have a hesitated hard shift in every gear and even when i just try taking off from a stop and this is all in sugar sand ditch

Last edited by kseriesshifter; 09-10-2007 at 05:48 PM.