Old 09-08-2007, 02:01 PM
HemiEater
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Blue Beast but Andy asked about stall converters and i found that artical. might not be the best but it was what I found doing a goggle search, maybe you should do one for him.

Again I am hearing stuff about braking parts with a higher stall converters, that is a bunch of bull. If anything it has a softer shift until you are up over the stall...so how does a high stall converter brake parts. And once you are over the stall say 3500 whats the difference in how hard it shifts..the converter is locked. I have run many high stall converters in my day and have never broke a thing. I have swaped 302s for 351s and 300s for 302s and have used the same stock converter with no problems at all. I even pulled a 260 from a 64 Farlain and put a 302 in it... same converter, no problems............and if your cooking transmissions with a higher stall converter you might want to install a bigger cooler, thats what I do.........

he asked why the converter would not fit his 351 and I answered it......Why are you turning this into a meetings of the minds

and by the way how many engines have you swapped out, had you ever swapped out a 302 for a 351W and used the same converter you would say RUN IT......

if you want check my video in my sig of my truck it's got a 2000 stall converter in it. check how hard it goes into gear from park on the third pull... High stall converters don't free wheel the engine until it hits the given stall slamming the drive line, it will move the truck car just like a stock one off idle it just feels loose.

Last edited by HemiEater; 09-08-2007 at 02:12 PM.