View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Mr. M
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Certainly no glaring problems, but some quick re-directions might help you attain that goal with minimal coin increases.

Originally Posted by robprime
upper. Maybe do 24# injectors and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, with a slightly larger throttle body.
I think you'd be hardpressed to push the limits of the 19# injectors. Without aftermarket tuning software and/or a chip the 24#'ers would not be worth the trouble. With a properly set up adjustable FPR and 19# injectors, you'd be good to 300+. I've set up a heavy breathing 331 (afr heads, cam, long tubes, trick flow intake) and was shocked when the aftermarket tuning chip and 24# injectors was matched with an adjustable FPR, stock 19#'ers and a good set of wideband o2 sensors to tune. Saved the guy a large chunk of dough when he returned the 24# injectors and the tuning chip and software. I felt like the numbnut recommending the upgrade, but certainly learned the 19# injectors were very competent.

Originally Posted by robprime
I'm told the stock roller cam in this motor is rather good, especially with 1.7 rockers, tho I hear the 5.0 H.O. roller cam also works well.
If you're looking to make this truck fun to drive, and willing to dive into other mods, you might want to rethink the stock roller cam. Although it is an improvement over the older cams, it still leaves some to be desired.... you can have my old F4TE roller cam if you want!! But I think you'd be short changing yourself and that 351 build. I considered doing the same with my build to save some coin, but I'm very pleased with a more aggressive grind.

Decide on a set of heads: aftermarket, have your E7's worked over professionally, or the Gt40's. Then and only then, have your cam and springs picked out. Call up for tech help and get help with a custom grind or any of the off the shelf bump sticks.

I hope this helps... some!
Mike