View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 07:03 AM
oldfart
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aye fellers...already been down that road. Some s.o.b. got into my van a while back sitting in the parking lot at work. Fortunatly they only got some cigerretts, change and pres. meds. But they also got a spare set of keys. (arrghhh!) Now I park it with a anti-theft bar on the steering wheel. A p.i.t.a.! Had the cops there within' 20min. and even gave them a description of the vehicle as this moron returned when I was sitting in the van later that night. (He left when he saw me sitting there) The cops found the thief parked down at Sheetz 2 blocks away. Couldn't prove it was him as he'd dumped his stash. The cops said.."Yeah, we know he did it..done it before..but you can't prove it." I asked him for the name or address of the creep and the cop waved his finger and said.."Making threats like that will get you more jailtime than him,and you'll lose that CCW permit and any guns you own...including the one you're carrying right now!" "Nuff said?" Yup, no more questions! Before taking any actions on a thief..(home or vehicle)..just be sure your life is in danger. Otherwise you are going to jail. All shots must be in the front...a shot in the back and yer in deep poop. And be sure and point out the weapon (tire-iron, etc. etc. etc.) that the criminal charged towards you with. Todays laws are designed to protect criminals rights..not victims. If you have a large amount invested in your truck I'd advise investing a small amount in an alarm system. Sorry for your loss my friend. Audie..the oldfart..