Old 08-21-2007, 02:31 PM
phoneman91
Cargo Master
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by _red rocket_
phoneman91,

What you posted in this thread describes my situation exactly, at least the simptoms. I just purchased a '94 F250 less than a week ago and the only problem left on the 250 is the intermittant wiper issue as you have described in great detail. What blew me away is that fact that a depress of the washer function results in the wipers on at full speed and they can't be turned off until you shut the truck down.

My question to you is, do you remember a clicking sound coming from what seems like the right side of the dash when you move the intermittant setting? It sounds like a relay going bad but maybe that is a normal sound. Hard to tell because there is no normal sound to compare it to for me since it is still less than a week old/new to me.

I am going to have to investigate into what you have posted. Great description and now it has given me some hope to fix this without resorting to useless replacement of parts with no problem resolution. Now I just need to find the time to look into this properly.
Yes--the clicking sound behind the glove box is normal--but isnt the cause of your problem--I would bet. Thanks for the good words about my post--I just wanted to let other owners know that the fix may be easy and cheap.

Good luck to you!! Let me know if what I suggested in the above post fixes the problem or not. I got my fingers crossed!!!