View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 08:40 PM
RogerGym
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cam Possition Sensor

Hi, The sensor is a two wire type. Would the engine still run of the crankshaft
sensor was bad? According to my electrical wireing diagram, the cam possition sensor connects to pins 91 and 85 of the pcm. I have checked the connectors and the wireing of the pcm to see if there was a problem. I will check the Crank Sensor. The problem has to be in this system. This is a four cylinder engine with two coils. The crank sensor is a two wire sensor also. Thanks for the info for the Ford DIS/EDIS "Waste Spark" Ignition Systems. I do not think that my truck has a DIS Module. According tho the DIS/EDIS diagram the cam sensor is connected to pin 2 of the DIS module. My sensor goes pin 85 of the pcm. I do not know what the function of pin 91 is. This must be a return line common to all of the other sensors, or this my be a ground. I am trying to use a chilton manual, but is does not show all the details or functions of the pcm. The problem must be in this system because I can clear the code, but it returns. I will keep looking.
If you have any other ideas please let me know. Half of the fun is trying to find the problems.

Thanks,

Roger