Old 08-04-2007, 06:28 PM
christcorp
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't need a tuneup. My truck runs perfect. And, if you read my first post in it's entirety, you will see that I showed you the mileage difference of 4 of my vehicles. I've been doing a lot of testing of ethanol E10 and regular 87 octane gas over the last 12-18 months. As well as revisiting acetone and some other things. While a couple miles a gallon isn't much of a difference, (<=10%), being E10 and 85-87 octane costs the EXACT SAME, it makes sense to use the NON-ethanol gas. Even if it's only 1% gas mileage difference.

Using E85 in the approprate flex-fuel vehicle is a different matter all together. Either way, the research I have done, does not lead me to be such a big fan of ethanol. I am just glad that I have a choice. That I DON'T have to use any ethanol if I prefer not to. I can run my vehicles on the fuel they were built for. I can use less gas because it's more efficient. I don't like subsidizing Archer Daniel Midland and others to produce ethanol while the price of many other goods related to it go up in price. And the list goes on. Hell, there are university studies by the big boys at UCLA, USC, MIT, and others that show that ethanol could be just a bad for the environment/ecology and possibly even more harmful to human health.

No, I think I will stick with Exxon non-ethanol gasoline. It has proven better in my vehicles. That's good enough for me. Later... Mike.....

P.S. Our stations say on the pump if the gas is oxygenated with 10% ethanol or not. The Exxon stations, as well as Stags, don't have ethanol in their gas. The majority of the others all do. Then again, at high altitude, we also have 85 octane gas too. Later....

Last edited by christcorp; 08-04-2007 at 06:31 PM.