View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 01:12 PM
oldfart
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lostin90s
Go ahead laugh no body was hurt and I was lucky . It happened right were a state cop ussually sit at that time day .
Hmmm? Lost I don't suppose that would be somewhere up near the Brickyard Turn or more towards Aletta Whittakers Fruit&Veggie Stand now would it! HAW! HAW!HAW! I know the State Police like to sit there from time to time! (giggle!) Glad everything turned out okey dokey though. Now reading yer post guv me the giggles and brought back some memories! Headin' back from Franklin one day, on I80, I watched as the rear axle of a tractor-trailer slid sloooowly back and out from under the trailer..at 70m.p.h.! Hmph! Didn't know an axle could go so far, so fast and then dissapear o'er the guardrails!! Go figger? Then the time some ole geezer passed me on the same highway in a big Caddilac. He was sound asleep and so was his wife! Watched them climb the median-strip up near Brookville and drift right back down on the highway at over 80mph! They was none the worse fer wear and tear but they sure was awake then!!! HAW!HAW!HAW! Down on the Tyrone By-Pass (now Rt.99) I got passed by a Toyota pick-up loaded down with so much household furnishings I backed off the throttle on my Goldwing and shook my head. Don't know how they pile all that stuff in them little trucks! 'Bout that time a rocking chair broke loose from the top and hit the highway at 70m.p.h. right in my path! I swerved a bit and snatched it right up..since we was both traveling about the same speed..and pulled alongside them and asked them ta' pull over!! We had a good laugh o'er that! Finally...heading down to Charlotte Motor Speedway one weekend on the motorcycle I heered a turrible THUMP! Turned out to be my helmet hitting the gastank as I dozed off..at triple-digit speeds! Passenger never woke up. God was watching o'er me in my younger days..as He still does now. Audie..the oldfart! P.S. Lost, I'll be at Irwin Park on Sat. Aug.11th. for our family reunion from 9a.m. till around 3p.m. why don't you stop by and say howdy.