View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 01:31 AM
godblessmud
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok another question relating to what was said about the M5OD tranny not holding up to a 351's torque, what would be a sujestion to do about that and keep it manual, obviously swapping to an aftermarket tranny, but did ford make a stronger 5 speed manual tranny? im not sure since most trucks i know with bigger engines are backed by a C6 but that is not an option as i do not beleive in automatic trannsmisions.

I am currently struggeling with the decision of wether or not to fix my truck or buy a newer one maybe i could get some opinions?
heres the situation, im 16, about to get my full liscence, have the 1990 F150 XLT Lariat (extended cab full bed) that blew the engine just prior to my getting it (unbenownst to me my non mechanically inclined father had ignored my warnings that the oil was drastically low, so a simple thing like water pump failure snowballed into hydraulic lock and a rod attempting to escape through the block) so here i am, with enough money to get a decent newer truck (95-96 F150 or F250 extended cab short bed) but it would drain my funds.
or buy an engine (& misc. other parts needed) to fix this one and have the remainder of my funds to continue saving for a better newer truck after driving this one for awhile (or if i end up building this one up the way i like it, stick with it and spend my money on other stuff)

Opinions please! Dont feel responsible like im going to latch onto whatever you say, cuz im just curious what others think

thanks