View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 02:18 PM
tndiesel
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aladin sane
This is not an uncomon problem. Someone will put forth an idea to "help the environment", and it turns out others may percieve problems with the idea. I suppose the best idea for helping the environment is to return to a hunter gatherer society. The only problem with this is we could only support a small fraction of the worlds current population. Oh, and we would all have to work from sunrise to sunset every day trying to catch and kill something to eat.

I think biodiesel is a real option for reducing the use of petrolium, but it can not be done without what you percieve as toxic dangerous chemicals.

I don't mean to come off as harsh, but as far as biodiesel goes, this is the chemistry, and there are not any other choices.
So these chemicals are only dangerous in my perception? This is all new to me and I'm not a Chemist but I did take 3 chemistry classes in college and remember some of that stuff as very toxic and dangerous. I have a small garage, a wife and two children. If my little helping the environment means putting them at significant risk then it doesn't make sense to me. I'm trying to figure all this out not prove a point.