View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 07:08 PM
matt16875
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I knew this was going to be a real "project". The book shows the motor in stock trim producing like 575 ft lb of torque and 375 hp. I have found a comlpete engine rebuild kit but I didn't need the pistons and what not. I only needed the bearings, rings, valve stem seals, timing chain, and gaskets. The engine only had 68,000 miles on it. The cylinder walls looked good just needed honed. Heads looked good as well. Everything cleaned up well. Yes, you guys are right, it is a big bulky engine. But the truck that it's going in is big and bulky. The front and rear ends are out of a 77 F-700 4x4 state truck as well as the drop down transfer case. Wanna talk about huge. The dana 60 front ends look like babies compared to this guy. Using a 1940 ford milk truck cab and walkway. Kinda looks like Mater off of the movie cars. lol But anyway, thanks for your input. I do agree that a 460 would be a much easier way to go. Kinda one of those things where the rest of the truck is kind of different so why not the motor and tranny. Good thing I'm not in a big hurry to hook it to the sled.

P.S. No, my fore head is not bleading yet! lol