Old 06-20-2007, 09:24 PM
dieselfitter
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the cylinder numbering for 6.0? and other ?

Took my truck in about a month ago for a oil leak. Dealer replaced ICP, Turbo and injectors 1, 5 and 7 and i paid the $100 deductable. Right after I got it back I took it back in for the turbo droan it now has. I was informed they had to order a new pedistal so i had to wait and take it back in a couple days later. I get the truck back after supposed pedistal change and again still has droan (quieter but still there). The morning after getting it back there is about a 8" round puddle of what looked like foamy oil(i thought oil mixed with antifreeze) leaking from the back of the engine on the passenger side. I took it back in and after a week of it sitting in there parking lot before they could look at it they tell me they replaced injectors 5 and 7 and charge me another 100$ deductable. I didnt have my old invoices at the time so I did not know what injectors they previously did and I paid. This latest work invoice does not have the cylinder #'s of the replaced injectors on it like the previous invoices. I did ask which ones before I left though. If they replaced the same injectors in less then a thousand miles should I have to pay? Is the 1, 3, 5 and 7 cylinders on the passenger side, 1 being at the front of vehicle? Shouldent they put the cylinder #'s on the invoice? Sorry, long winded sometimes.

'03 6.0 w/85000 miles. absolutly love the truck but I am getting nervous about the upcoming loss of warrenty and possibly have to pay for repairs like this.

Last edited by dieselfitter; 06-20-2007 at 09:31 PM.