View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 11:35 PM
WilliesSD250
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Please read

I was and guess I'm still the representative for the Mat-Su area. I was planning on leaving the state last fall, but I landed a really nice job and plan on sticking around for a while. I surrendered my position, but seeing how no one stepped up to take my role, I'll just keep it.

I work a 2/2 schedule so I'm limited to the amount of time I can devote to the chapter. I have seen what it takes to be a Chapter Leader and don't have the time to put into that role. I will function as a regional leader.
Also, I think in part, speaking with Mike is that we as a chapter should make an effort to attend meetings when their scheduled. I've been to a few meetings where only 2 or 3 people showed up and have had many where it was just me and Mike there. Needless to say as quick as the meeting was called to order it was dismissed. Participation is going to be very important.
Mike had come up with a layout of the regional leaders. If I remember correctly he had broke it down into the following:
Anchorage
Mat-Su
Kenai Pennisula
South Central
Valdez/Copper Center/Glennallen
Fairbanks/Tok/Delta Junction
MIKE, repost the regions please.
Now, if anyone would like to assume the role as a regional leader or a regional leader assistant just chime right in and let Mike or myself know what it is your willing to do.
Here just recently I helped one of our chapter members smithtw install a banks 6 gun with pda inhis rig and also install a set of Firestone airbags inpreparation for him and his family moving Outside. I also did the high idle mod for Mike....drove to Valdez just to do it. Why, because it'd just a way to get together and meet other members and BS.
It's things like this that we as a chapter can do. Those of us that are wrench smart could help out those that aren't able too. We could also get together for fishing excursions, campouts, ect. Heck, I just bought a 18' river sled. Looking forward to going fishing, but don't know any of the rivers well enough to fish them alone, but would gladly take someone along who does (provided we split the fuel cost) Also, the boat would work great on PWS or just out of Homer, Seward, Deep Creek or Anchor Point on nice calm days. Where are the honey holes?? I'll gladly take anyone out who want's to go....I've got the boat, fishing gear, ect. just need the "map" Also lake fishing and the good spots to go (any of the lakes aroung the KP, Mat-Su, ect.
So lets all get together and start talking and getting this chapter rolling.
I'm also open to input from others and their ideas, suggestions, comments, ect.
Thanks,
Chris S.
Mat-Su regional leader