View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 10:47 PM
bigmuddyford
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
460 with a Turbo?

I have a 92 f250 with an efi 460. Im wanting a lot more power cause the 240 it has stock just isnt enough. What all do i have to do to put a turbo on? I have an old subaru out back with a turbo. Im a pretty handy mechanic so fabrication wont be a problem but will that small turbo give me the proper boost for this motor. Or should i go scavage one from a mid 90's powerstroke. the later is what im leaning to because i could also use the radiator and intercooler setup from that truck (im really not sure if i can just take the intercooler and stick it infront of the radiator i have now or use the setup from the powerstroke) along with the exhaust flanges and etc. But the subaru is just sitting out back so i dont care to destroy it to use the turbo, But if im going to do this i want it to be worth my while. Which brings me to my next question. I have a stock truck other than a few things such as shift kit and KandN filter. Other than that pretty much stock. What changes will i have to make to the efi setup to use a turbo. I have an E4OD so i have to stay efi. Can i use the stock injectors and if not what would be the best option. Also how would i get oil to the turbo. Will my automatic handle the power increase. Also with the increase in compression will i be able to run on 93 octane.