View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 09:21 PM
expy03
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I see one almost every day now in Eastern Virginia. There are plenty of 97's to 06's out there. I would say that I see more expy's than GM suvs on the road around here, however, with our F150 plant closing here in Norfolk everyone is a little shy about Ford products. The two big FOrd dealers here are both reporting sales down almost 30% over last year because of all of Ford's problems. My family has always owned Fords and for the first time I considered a Yukon or Sequoia. My '98 expy was great, my '03 had a lot of little things go wrong with it. Nothing major but stuff that a good quality control program may have caught. In the end I was still sold on the '07 expy because of the power third seat, power lift gate, 6 speed transmission, and overall curb appeal. Also I believe that Ford knows they are against the ropes and that Toyota's quality has gotten them were they are today and if they want to compete they have to step up and make "Quality is Job One" a way of life and not just another empty slogan. The '07 Expy is a big step in that direction.