Old 11-07-2002, 07:21 AM
jippy
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2.5L VIN-C 2000 Ranger Spark Plug Replacement?

Has anyone replaced or had the 8 plugs replaced in the 2.5L VIN-C Engine? I took my truck in for a tuneup/plug change yesterday..to a local Ford Dealership. I was quoted a price of $62.00 for the tuneup. After an hour the service manager came up to me and said its going to be awhile yet before my truck is ready because the mechanic is having a problem removing one of the spark plugs. It ended up taking him 4 hours to remove it. And get this, they billed me an extra $100.00 for labor because of it!!!! Don't you think a certified Ford mechanic should be able to remove and replace the plugs in this engine wihtout incident? I think I was scalped by them. Its not my fault the mechanic took so long. I am writing a letter of complaint to the dealership owner today about this.

Has anyone changed the plugs on this engine themselves? I know some look hard to get to but a Ford mechanic with proper tools and training should, in my opinion, not have this type of problem.

In fact I am not really sure he got that plug removed or just left it in. The work order shows 8 plugs but who knows!??
I don't think I will be going back to that dealership anytime in the next millennium