View Single Post
Old 03-22-2002, 12:00 PM
Citoriplus
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Typical age of Ranger drivers

It's a very common problem among new pickup drivers and you’re not alone. The second day I had mine I slid off the NY State Thruway at about 50-mph took out three 6-foot pine trees before it stopped. Oh and add in a mileage marker. Except for the ding in the fender from the mile marker there wasn't a mark on the truck. After that I went straight to the nearest Home Depot and tossed around 350lbs. of sand bags in the back and put a couple of hundred pounds of Leer fiberglass cap on top. Toss in a set of Bridgestone Blizzak tires and it's MUCH safer, fun even. Stick with it you'll learn. I just takes a little practice. The truck is just very different from most of the other cars on the road. The Geo has a minor advantage in that it's front wheel drive and has more weight on the drive axle. Put on some snow tires (real ones), get some sandbags and watch for that same Geo when the snow is over a foot deep. That's when you get the last laugh. Oh and in the spring and summer see if the Geo will follow you down a dirt road at anything above a slow walk. How much you want to bet he won't even try.