View Single Post
Old 04-21-2002, 09:32 PM
Syzle
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford 4-cylinders vs. Honda 4-cylinders

Errr... no offense to Fords, I love Fords.. but I trust Ford to build me a damned good V8.. I really don't like 4bangers in any of the domestics...

Lets see... Honda Engines.. Why are they better than 4 cylinder Ford Engines? Well, for one, no domestic 4 cylinder can achieve 100 hp/liter stock... no other domestic has a VTEC system or any system that changes the cam profile at different RPMs, giving a much better horsepower/torque curve... the aftermarket is FULL of parts for Honda 4 cylinders.. look how many young kids out there are driving Honda Civics with 1.6L engines wishing they could go fast? And look how sporty the Type R Integras already are, WITHOUT mods... who wouldn't want to improve upon THAT? The B18C5 is the VTEC motor used in the type R integras.. say you... swapped this motor into a Honda CRX.. thats 200 horsepower. out of a car that weighs 2000-2300 lbs... my truck weighs well over two tons.. to match that kind of power to weight ratio I'd need 400 horses.. am I going to make that? Yeah, with a few mods, on my -V8-... but probably with my 4 banger? No.. and I know its not too hard to get alot more horses out that Honda for not too much..

My personal opinion.. if anyone has any other input I'd love to see it.

James