View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 10:23 AM
oldfart
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aye fellers, saying goodbye is always the hardest part of loving someone. Soondg my heart and prayers go out to you. Something else I wish to mention is the mention of "real fathers" as I have much the same situation as Soondg. My biological father has died...however my Step-Father is still very much alive and present in my life. In that way I am still very blessed. Odd as it might seem, he, (Step-Father) grieves with me and comforts me. Pap Thacik (Step-Father) has always been there for me and I am so grateful to him and all he has done for me and my brothers. No words can express my gratitude. On another note, one must be aware of making promises. My beloved Sister-In-Law and Brother-In Law have asked me to tend to their last wishes. They are both being cremated and it falls upon my shoulders to spread their ashes along the waters of Raystown Lake...a place they so dearly love and spent many hours traversing in their pontoon boat. I gave my word and will do so as they requested...but not without some mis-givings. Please understand, I am most frightened of heights..and yet...I agreed to spread their ashes the full length of Raystown Lake from end to end. This requires me to be suspended from a glorified kite, dragged by a speed-boat, for many miles and under at least 1 bridge. At times reaching 200ft. suspended in the air...dribbling ashes and...no doubt..much more. I will do as they have requested. A promise given is an obligation secured. Pray for me my friends. Audie....the oldfart...