View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
You have none of the green underlined words, and no ads withing the posts, as well as no ads to the sides on the main forum page and in threads.
Steering stabilizers are a good thing if needed, and they are usually needed with larger tires. The downside is they increase steering effort since they are basically a non- pressurized shock absorber.
You should use as few shocks as you can get away with, but the correct ones. On 4x4s, I like adjustable shocks. I couldn't afford them on my last truck, so I put on dual factory shocks. Without enough shock absorption ability, you will wind up with massive wheelhop brought on by small bumps, also known as "death wobble". Trust me, this is unbelievably freaky to experience- Going 60mph on the highway, hit an expansion joint, and it feels like you just lost both front tires. Hit the brakes, it gets worse. The only thing to do is downshift and ride it out until it stops, and hopefully your truck doesn't shake itself apart or drag you out of the lane.
You should get good answers in the 4x4 forum, some you should take with a grain of salt, but overall it's good stuff.