View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 09:03 AM
bchunter
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's alive. IT'S ALIVE !!!!!!!!

There is no replacement for displacement.

I got back from my trip and went to the shop and here is my rig sitting there all unassuming. That is until I turned the key and all 5.8 litres of power unleashed their mighty roar through the true duals. WOW, what a difference !!!!!!!!!!! I never realised how sluggish my rig was until I drove it with the new engine. The mech did an awesome job. It is a fuel injected 97 351w with no MAF, which I am very happy about. The truck drives unreal now. I am barely touching the go-go juice pedal and it roles down the highway no prob, but when I do touch the pedal, man does she go. I am going to need to buy a radar dectector now. I was cruising to work this morning as happy as a clam when I looked down and I was doing 110 in a 90 zone. I just had to smile. To do 110 before I had to be standing on the pedal with a tail wind and going downhill. I liked the 300, but for a lifted truck, I can sure see where the 351 comes in handy.

There is one bug to work out, the check enging light comes on when I get going for about 5 minutes on the hwy, but there is no illform performance from the engine, so I am thinking it might be an o2 sensor. It goes off after I stop the truck and restart.

The duals he threw on are awesome. They are not raspy like a glass pack, but nice and mellow when you hit the gas. It sounds really good.

I will get some clips and photos as soon as I can. I am a happy redneck