View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 11:17 AM
Wheatina
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a cat!!! Better keep the Grey Poupon away from him. I'll have to bring some pods home and see if any of my 5 cats are interested.

NICE PLUMP PODS POPS!!! Bet you are chomping at the bit to get them seeds in the bin and then through your crusher. We've had great canola weather this year!! Nice and cool during the bloom. However, there are some guys that just didn't get a good stand last fall and plowed it under. Other fields just look kinda crappy. Don't think there will be a bumper crop this year, despite the nice spring conditions.

Fab...do you watch canola prices online anywhere?? Have you seen the prices they are getting in N. Dakota?? NICE!!! Not sure why we can't get those prices. Would sure be an incentive to plant more. We'll probably have at least two circles going in again this fall. Fits so very nicely into our rotation plans. We haven't had to water this stuff at all, other than a little dribble for good measure last week. You've seen how tall it is in my photos with no spring irrigation per say.

Our canola is starting to finish up its bloom, too. I'm going down to get some more photos tomorrow. Hate to see the bloom end and the bees move on, but that's the way it goes. Time to fill those pods!!

Have you heard of, or tried, pushing canola?? Our's is so tall, we may have to do that soon.

Enjoyed your pixs!!!

Last edited by Wheatina; 05-19-2007 at 11:20 AM.