View Single Post
Old 05-06-2002, 12:40 PM
bangster
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holley service replacement for 7200VV

Installation was pretty straight forward, with the usual reasons to return to the parts store 17 times.

Linkage didn't include the ball to attach it to the throttle cable. Had to buy the 7 dollar Holley assortment ::sigh::

Carburetor doesn't have throttle position sensor (I guess that is what the big ugle orange connector connects to), but it does has the other thing, that has the six place connector that plugs into it. It is hung by a bracket off the back of the carb, looks like a hack job, but in the end it seems to work okay.

Truck runs pretty good with the new carb. I think it was a bit rich at 1 1/2 turns out on the idle air mixture, and it runs real good with them turned out 3/4 turn. It starts after sitting (can't do a cold start, since it is already in the 70's when I go to work), it starts after it is hot and sat, starts multiple times in a row, and idles. I keep thinking I need to heel-toe it to keep it running, but I don't, it is just idling great and smooth, I used to need to gas it when the sliding rear window would rattle, now it just doesn't rattle it is that much smoother.

Heres to hoping it passes the emissions test (both visual and actual testing).